via multiple sites
Grilling holidays, like Memorial Day and the upcoming 4th of July, tend to have high-calorie menus between the hamburgers, hot dogs, chips and salsa, potato salad, and desserts upon desserts. But, as we like to remind you here at fitfreshfun.com, it doesn’t have to be that way. We’ve found the best healthy 4th of July recipes for you and compiled them below. Enjoy and Happy 4th!
1) For a variety of healthy red, white, and blue foods — including a potato salad — try this menu from Eatingwell.com.
4) Get your Gourmet on! The Mother Nature Network offers a twist on the traditional menu with power-packed updates, including Quinoa salad, Watermelon Rose Salad, and a Chocolate Banana Freezer Cake.
5) A few Weight-Watchers inspired recipes from La Loosh help you stay on point this 4th of July.
6) Over at the Chocolate-Covered Kaite blog you can find tons of healthy/ healthier dessert recipes.
7) FAnnetastic Food always has some healthy changes for your seven-layer dip, chocolate chip cookies, and more. The patriotic strawberries are adorable!
Have a favorite healthy recipe blog or site we missed? Share it with us on Facebook!